World Homecare and Hospice
In 1995, an effort was put forth by the World Organization for Care in the
Home and Hospice (WOCHH), now known as the World Homecare and Hospice Organization
(WHHO), to collect worldwide information as to the status of home care. The
results of this search can be found in these country profiles. Many things have
changed in the home care arena since the collection of this data was completed.
Many thanks to those who worked very hard to submit and gather their
FYI Links to Government & World Wide Web Sites
Andrus Gerontology Center Library
- The Andrus Gerontology Center Library maintains one of the foremost
collections on the subject of life-span development and aging in the United
States. It also provides information from international sources.
Canadian Home Care Association
- The Canadian Home Care Association (CHCA) is a leading national membership organization dedicated to the accessibility, quality, and development of home care and community support services which permit people to stay in their homes and communities with safety and dignity
Centers for Disease Control's International Health Program Office
- The mission of the International Health Program Office is to lead the
Centers for Disease Control's collaboration with other nations and international
organizations to promote healthy lifestyles and to prevent excess disease,
disability, and death.
CIA World Factbook
- The Factbook provides comprehensive country-by-country information. It includes
categories such as geography, people, government, economy, transportation,
and defense forces. This site is an excellent way to obtain quick information
about countries of interest.
The Electronic Embassy
- This site links the staffs and resources of the Washington, DC embassy community to their constituencies in business and industry, education, the press, and government. One section hyperlinks to all the foreign embassies. Another called International Business Center, is for commercial and nonprofit organizations offering goods, services, or opportunities in international markets to make themselves available to these audiences.
Hospice Information Services at St. Christopher
- This site is located at St. Christopher's Hospice in London, England. It provides information about hospice around the globe.
Health on the Net
- This site offers contacts, information and advice for individuals,
health-care providers, and professionals. It was created to be a link-up
of 500 hospitals around the world.
Hospice of Malaysia
- Hospice Malaysia is a charitable body formed by volunteers, medical/nursing,
and other professionals and lay people.
International Federation on Ageing
- This site is the home page of the International Federation on Ageing. It gives background information about the organization as well as information about upcoming conferences.
International Institute on Ageing
- In 1982 the World Assembly on Ageing adopted the Vienna International Action on Ageing. This resolution recommended the promotion of training and research, as well as the exchange of information and knowledge in order to provide an international basis for social policies and action in the area of ageing. The International Institute on Ageing is based in Malta.
International Year of Older Persons
- In promotion of the United Nations Principles for Older Persons. The General Assembly (47/5) decided to observe the year 1999 as the International Year of Older Persons (IYOP). This is in recognition of humanity's demographic coming of age and the promise it holds for maturing attitudes and capabilities in social, economic, cultural and spiritual undertakings, not least for global peace and development in the next century.
- For anyone who can read Dutch, this site is an information and document
retrieval service for Dutch home care organizations.
U.S. Census Bureau International Program Center
- The International Program Center is an area within the United States
Census Bureau which conducts international research, international technical
assistance and training, and makes software available to countries around
The United Nations
- This homepage allows access to various topics such as U.N. conferences,
departments, global issues, and information resources.
The World Health Organization
- This link allows for access to the homepage of the World Health Organization
(WHO). From here you can find general information on the World Health Organization,
as well as more specific information regarding programs and publications.
HomePage | About
WHHO | Membership | Opportunities